Sunday, December 12, 2010

Follow Up on the 5th of November {Everything Tomorrow}

First of all, chatting with Bea Nettles was really wonderful. I was nervous, but the conversation ended up being so helpful and essential for my research of her life. She walked me through all of the books that I am including in the exhibition and although a lot of the processes are still a bit over my head, her descriptions of the content were thorough and extremely useful. I'm so very glad that I chose her to research this semester. Her  career is remarkable and I feel connected to many themes that continually appear in her work.


The "Everything In Time" opening reception was a hit as well. The Siskind gallery was hoppin' with "First Friday"ers. The exhibition will be up until December 19th, so there is still time to stop in and feast your eyes on some maximalist artwork before the exhibition moves to The Center for Book Arts in NYC. Here are some pics from the opening.


Also, I DID end up watching V for Vendetta, but it didn't end up being until AFTER the 5th, technically. There were no fireworks either. Only in my mind. It's weird, I'm writing all of this and it has been well over one month ago. I'm constantly playing catch up. Whatevs, it will happen some day. :)

No comments: