Monday, October 11, 2010

it's been one month. Woah.

It has been a little over one month since I began a graduate program in Visual Studies at the Visual Studies Workshop in Rochester, NY. For a long time I never considered grad school as an option for myself and here I am, thrust head first into an intense new environment - being challenged to produce artworks that I have never considered and learning so so SO many new things. I'm going to begin to keep a more updated journal of my grad school happenings. In just this first month, I feel like I have experienced many monumental moments. At least noteworthy ones. If I don't write about them now, I am likely to forget or let the importance dissolve.


I also want to keep a more updated account of what projects I am currently working on. But first, I must back track. 


Our first assignment was dealing with the series as it plays a part in artists' books. I chose to take images from old toys at my grama's house and connect them creating a toy-like object. The reason that I am drawn to these toys has to do with the fact that the hands of four generations of children have played with them. 




  


     














I will post more "backtracking images" from this month SOON! 

No comments: