Saturday, April 10, 2010

mmmmMMMIX disc!

A couple of weekends ago (March 27th, to be exact) I went to the Buffalo Small Press Book Fair, held in Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum. There was an amazing showcase of artists, writers, poets, musicians and publishers. I enjoyed chatting with individuals about their work and lives. There were many precious hand made items. I was truly encouraged to see the vast amount of people working in the arts in the Western NY area. Needless to say, I came home incredibly inspired to MAKE things! 


One of my favorite pastimes is making "mix tapes" for people. I absolutely LOVE sharing music with people that I find wonderful and moving! When the melodies give me goose bumps or the beats make me DANCE. It's good. :)


My good friend Lizzie made a lovely CD case out of Bristol board for a mutual friend of ours and it has always been in the back of my mind to do something similar. Here are some pictures of some of the personalized mix disc cases I have been making!


I've been using tracing paper, ink, and thread. The transparencies of the tracing paper create an interesting effect while layering ink drawn imagery. I've mostly been just doodling on the paper and laying the pieces on top of each other - It has been great! I hope to start working with some different materials and possibly coming up with some more unified and specific imagery. Crafts!

      
  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. I love every single thing about this post. especially the graphics! so beautiful.