Monday, December 7, 2009

I just wanna DANCE!

It is that time of year again - FINALS. People are getting stressed and the work load is heavy with exams, final projects, presentations, etc. I tend to not get stressed out as a general rule, but I often put myself in the position where my anxiety is heightened due to the simple fact that I am physically unable to do work until moments before it is due. I know I am not alone in my shameful actions, because my friends most definitely enable and encourage them.

One of the many ways that I like to take my mind off of the mountains of work that are piling up is by DANCING.

This semester Liz (my amazing apartmentMATE) and I have been fortunate enough to have my old boom box in our living room. We ha
ve also been blessed with an abundance of blank CD's that are ideal for burning hot funky mixes!

I am going to use this space to highlight some of the songs that have been
making their way out the speakers and into my life. These tunes get my feet tappin' and heading boppin'!

"I Feel It All" - Feist
"Your Cover's Blown" - Belle & Sebastian

"Fascination" - Alphabeat
"Kids" - MGMT
"I Don't Feel Like Dancing" - Scissor Sisters
"Take Me Out" - Franz Ferdinand
"Just Dance" - Lady Gaga (What can I say?..guilty pleasure)
"Intergalactic" - Beastie Boys
"No Diggity" - Blackstreet
"Daylight" - Matt & Kim

"Bonkers" - Dizzee Rascal
"Mercy" - Duffy

"Chelsea Dagger" - The Fratellis
"Silly Boy" - The Blue Van










I recommend that if you are feeling a little tense as the semester draws to an end
- follow the above links, search for the beats, find a friend (or NOT) and bust a move. Dance your cares away!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

". I tend to not get stressed out as a general rule, but I often put myself in the position where my anxiety is heightened due to the simple fact that I am physically unable to do work until moments before it is due."

thank you for verbalizing EXACTLY how I function as well! you got it, spot on. we suck. and also rule.

{M.M.S.} said...

yea...I'd say we have a pretty good balance between sucking and...RULING! :)